We have something a little different today for a blog post. We have a video film review – Inception. Arguably, Inception is director Christopher Nolan’s greatest film and one of my all time favourites. In this video, we will explore why it is a masterpiece and what we can learn from it.
Among the many topics that we discuss in this review of Inception, here are some of the highlights:
- The complexities of the main character Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio), who is on the one hand a genius, but racked by guilt and unable to live with himself;
- The role that Ariadne (Ellen Paige) plays in the film in relation to Cobb, so that he realises what he has to do to deal with his inner demons;
- The role that Cobb’s ex-wife, Mal (Marion Cotillard), plays and how she is tearing him apart form within, and how this manifests itself as the stakes increase for Cobb and his team;
- How Christopher Nolan cleverly links the opening scene with one of the last scenes;
- How and why Inception‘s ending works, whichever side of the debate you fall on (if Cobb is dreaming or not); and
- What we can learn from Inception to make us better story-writers.
Lastly, I really hope you enjoyed this film review – Inception. Next time around, we shall discuss another of Christopher Nolan’s classic films.
PS: For more movie reviews and writing tips, as well as exclusive interviews with authors, filmmakers, actors, life coaches, artists and life coaches, as well as other kinds of content creators, please fill in this short form:
In addition, check out my debut fantasy novella The Sultan’s Daughter, which is short, fast-paced and full of suspense.