This week we have a video on eight tips on how to write the ultimate battle. This video discusses what you can do before, during and after the fighting to ensure that your audience will be thrilled.
Some highlights from the video on eight tips on how to write the ultimate battle, include:
- Decide the location for the battle when you plan your narrative;
- Make your characters do or reveal something unexpected about themselves in the build up to the battle;
- Choreograph your battle like a ballet; and
- Make sure that your battle has consequence.
Moreover, some of the examples used in this video for battles and/or skirmishes are as follows:
- The Battle of the B******* in Season 6 Episode 9 of Game of Thrones;
- The skirmish at Amon Hen in The Fellowship of the Ring, where Boromir dies;
- The fight between Batman and Bane in The Dark Knight Rises; and
- The Battle of Sokovia in Avengers II: Age of Ultron.
Lastly, I hope you enjoy the video and that it helps to make the writing process a little bit easier for you.
Additionally, if you enjoyed this video and wish to receive more weekly blog posts on writing tips, including next week’s video on choosing the right POV, fill in this short form: